Hmmm... Initially I thought this problem was limited to mailboxes
utilizing maildrop, but that was not the case.  Early this morning, our
qmail/vpop server started deferring a ton of local deliveries.  The logs
started filling up with lines like this:

deferral:
POP_user_does_not_exist,[EMAIL PROTECTED]/Can't_create_tempfile_(#4.3.8)/

The odd thing is that it just went away after a couple of hours.  The
deliveries began to succeed.  I'm not even sure where vdelivermail tries
to write the tempfile.

FWIW, the mail spool is mounted via NFS but there is only one box using
it ATM.  And all the local partitions have tons of room left.  None were
even close to full, including the partition with /tmp on it.

Any thoughts?

--
Ben Beuchler                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MAILER-DAEMON                                         (612) 321-9290 x101