----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Hunter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2000 1:19 PM
Subject: RE: a little help?

> for your virtual users login as [EMAIL PROTECTED]

That worked also : ) thanks for your help too. So ... either % or @ seem to
work.  Great to know.

> Depending on how you compiled vpopmail you logging is done through syslog,
> probably into /var/log/mail*

I dont seem to see anything useful relating to authentication failures in
there. But nonetheless my question has been answered and I appreciate that
more than you will ever know.

[root@mail /root]# tail -f /var/log/maillog
Dec 22 01:27:19 mail pop3d: 977477239.296869 tcpserver: status: 1/40
Dec 22 01:27:19 mail pop3d: 977477239.304310 tcpserver: pid 583 from
192.168.0.2
Dec 22 01:27:19 mail pop3d: 977477239.314570 tcpserver: ok 583
:192.168.0.33:110 :192.168.0.2::1423
Dec 22 01:27:19 mail pop3d: 977477239.944246 tcpserver: end 583 status 256
Dec 22 01:27:19 mail pop3d: 977477239.952074 tcpserver: status: 0/40
Dec 22 01:27:29 mail pop3d: 977477249.113887 tcpserver: status: 1/40
Dec 22 01:27:29 mail pop3d: 977477249.123896 tcpserver: pid 585 from
192.168.0.2
Dec 22 01:27:29 mail pop3d: 977477249.133382 tcpserver: ok 585
:192.168.0.33:110 :192.168.0.2::1424
Dec 22 01:27:29 mail pop3d: 977477249.430427 tcpserver: end 585 status 256
Dec 22 01:27:29 mail pop3d: 977477249.436753 tcpserver: status: 0/40

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> can still get mail with the "rick" and "oldpassword" Since I can add
domains
> and users, log onto qmailadmin with the postmaster password I create with
> the commands: ./vadddomain and ./vadduser the logical question would be
> "Does qmailadmin use /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw for authentication"? If so,
> "why does it allow the postmaster to log on to the qmailadmin, but not
> authenticate the pop user I created"?
>
> I guess my questions are:
> "Why can't I authenticate the pop user I created [EMAIL PROTECTED]"?
> probably answered by the next question,
> "How do I retrieve mail for the pop user I created
[EMAIL PROTECTED]"?

.