* Daniel Kafka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010103 07:36]:
> we run a box for approx 1500 user connecting via dialup.
> They're accesing their mails by POP3 protocol, usually using
> MS Outlook Express (4 and 5).

Strike 1.

> Unfortunately, in several cases the download of mails is broken
> after downloading 3-4 messages. From this point, nothing happens,
> no networking connectivity is shown and messages stays on server.
> After repeated login the situation remain the same.
>
> The only way is to log there manually and delete some messages.

This *constantly* happens to all sorts of people running all sorts of POP3
daemons trying to support Outlook. It is almost assuredly Outlook's fault,
100%.

For instance, search through the qmail mailing list and you'll see what I
mean. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

/pg
--
Peter Green : Gospel Communications Network, SysAdmin : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
---