Hi,

I have installed QMAIL + VPOPMAIL 4.9.7 on Redhat Linux 7.0. Facing a very strange problem.

On installation of VPOPMAIL everything works fine i am able to reveive and send emails to virtual domains.

After certain time around 30-60 minutes the virtual domains stops working. i.e. It does not recognize the user and domains any more. I checked the domains directory in vpopmail, everything is there as it is. But none of the domains are accessible through any of the vpopmail executables, i tried vuserinfo also it says no such user or domain. But the same setup works fine for half an hour immediately after installation, i was able to vuserinfo on the user, and was able to send and receive emails.

I checked the logs also it says cannot chdir to maildir. For any incoming emails which are received and it does not recognize the pop user for incoming emails. I am very confused now since if there was any configuration problem it should not work at all (but it works for inital half hour or so).

After having the problem if i remove all the domain directorys from the domains directory in vpopmail. And again add the domains everything works fine again. But stops agina after sometime.

Have anyone faced this kind of problem? Any solutions?? Suggestions?

Any help will be appreciated. (BTW, i tried the same with VPOPMAIL 4.9.6-1 and the same problem occured)

Arvind Agarwal