From: Peter Brezny [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 4:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ~vpopmail/bin/clearopensmtp looking in wrong dir

I've changed the vpopmail home directory from /usr/local/vpopmail to
/home/vpopmail

and now clearopensmtp reports "unable to create
/usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.tmp.492: file does not exist.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to what i've missed.

This is on a freebsd 4.2-stable system.  Here's what I've done so far.

After making the change in /etc/passwd, i ...

cd /usr/ports/mail/vpopmail/
make deinstall
make clean
make install

Another question about virtual vs local domains.  If i want all my local
mail to be handled in a virtual manner, ie not using /etc/passwd, do i need
to remove my local host name from the me and locals file, leaving it only in
the /var/qmail/configure/virtualdomains file?

Thanks for your help.

Peter Brezny
SysAdmin Services Inc.