Roger Arnold wrote:

Hi,

I am having a problem compiling sqwebmail over vpopmail and the problem
seems to stem from something undefined in "vauth.c" in vpopmail, which
is a symlink to "vmysql.c".
The error is as follows:

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [authvchkpw] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/sqwebmail-1.1.1/authlib'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

and the item in "vauth.c" that seems to be causing the problem is
"(&mysql)" without the quotes, as it is the only common thing on all 68
of the error lines

My configure file is as follows:

#!/bin/sh
LIBS="-L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz"
./configure --prefix=/usr/local \
--mandir=/usr/share/man \
--with-cachedir \
--with-cacheowner=vpopmail \
--with-authvchkpw \
--without-authmysql \
--without-authpwd \
--without-authshadow \
--without-authpam \
--without-authuserdb \
--without-authldap \
--without-authdaemon \
--enable-cgi-bindir=/var/www/cgi-bin/ \
--enable-imagedir=/var/www/html/images/ \
--with-htmllibdir=/usr/local/sqwebmail \
--enable-imageurl=/images/ \
--enable-webpass=vpopmail \
--without-fcgi \
--with-ispell=/usr/bin/aspell \
--without-gzip

I am using Mysql password authentication for Vpopmail, and the sqwebmail
docs say not to use "--with-authmysql" but instead use
"--with-authvchkpw", I am a newbie with these configuration files, and
any or all of the above file could be wrong, but so far I seem to have
got the following to work (only a few tests done):
Qmail, Vpopmail, Qmailadmin, and Courier-imap, however this last program
has got me stumped.

Thanks in advance for any and all help, oh, sorry, I am using RH7 if
that throws any light on the problem

Regards
Roger