Michael wrote:

> Hi Ken;
>
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, [EMAIL PROTECTED] scribed:
>
> > vqregister 2.5 does not create the database, or tables.  You
> > must do this yourself before it will work.  The reasoning behind
> > this is to allow the administrator maximum control over the
> > contents of the database.  Things such as lengths and such,
> > I believe, should be defined by the administrator.  I could have
> > added it to the config file.  Maybe next version.
>
> Okay...not a problem..I was just going by this line below in the
> vqregister.conf file.
>
> # Note: Databases are created if they do not exist (if able)

Oh dear.  How did I leave that there.

> I did create the database and table manually after it did not do it
> during the install, but it still does not seem to write to the db when
> one does register.

You must link db.c, and db.h to their respective database module file.
For instance, to make it use the mysql modules:
  rm -f db.c db.h (Which, when unpackaged, point at db_null.c, and
db_null.h)
  ln -s db_mysql.c db.c
  ln -s db_mysql.h db.h

Then compile.

If you don't get any errors during signup, and nothing shows up in the
database, then I'm completely stumped.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Inter7 Internet Technologies, Inc.