I have a problem which is growing by the minute.  I know I should be reading the available documents and faqs, but right now, I need some quick words of wisdom.  Our qmail server is bouncing a whole bunch of local receipients.  I am wondering if the password file got corrupted.  A line from mail log shows the domain name being replaced by the users ip address.  I don't know why this is happening.  My qmail guru (consultant) is currently unreachable.  The users are going crazy.  Can anyone tell me where to start looking?

Apr  4 12:50:22 mailserv vpopmail[6210]: vchkpw: No user found eavalos@:10.23.0.116

Thanks in advance,
jean