[Lets see how long this takes to get through....my last email took about 7
days to get through to the mailing list, date is 15th May, time is 23:00
GMT]

Okay, everyone has had their say in the dbfunctions bit, so I amy aswell add
mine.

For me, the dbfunctions is an essential part of vpopmail and I am extremely
annoyed with it being taken out of the package, as I had developed some
software which used them and it is now just about rendered useless.

I have no experience in package maintainance, and I hope Ken can point me
right if I say anything wrong here, but it seems to me that the main
problems that inter 7 have with the dbfunctions are:

1) Lack of documentation - there is little to document, and what
documentation there is is on the dbfunction website.  Also, I cannot find
any documentation on the new dbfunction support...which makes implementation
very difficult.

2) Lack of cdb support - the idea of the patch is to add support for
functions in a MYSQL DATABASE, not a cdb setup.... if there was, it would
not be MUCH different to the .qmail-* setup surely?

There are lots of people using the patches, and they are an essential part
of my vpopail installation, if they are removed and Kris stops development,
I will have to find an alternative, and I believe that if this is the way
Inter7 want to see the vpopmail package to go...they should be honest with
Kris and not waste his time anymore, or the time of any of the other
developers working on vpopmail + dbfunctions.

Kris - Please dont give up on it just yet!