Hi!

I've got a problem I've not seen listed before:

I need to run vuserinfo on a different box to the mailserver.

Background:

I have a cluster of two mail servers, one for inbound traffic to our
network, and one for outbound relay, and pop3 collection.  These are
both Solaris boxes.

I also have a separate ISP control system (cgi/MySQl/Perl stuff).  This
is a Linux box.

All of these machines are mounted to a common filer, which they access
through /filer.

On both the Solaris boxen, and the Linux one, /home/vpopmail/domains is
a symlink to /filer/mail/domains, under which all the domains and users
live.

Addition and removal of domains and users is always done from the relay
box, however vuserinfo on the inbound box can still identify where user
accounts are - I assume it's reading from the shared information on the
filer.

The problem:

I can't get the linux box's vuserinfo to work.  It just reports "no such
user".

The user and group IDs for qmail and vpopmail are the same on all the
boxes, all the /home/vpopmail/domains directories point to the same
place, and file ownership has been set to vpopmail - vchkpw throughout.

Can anyone tell me where, exactly, does vuserinfo read it's information
from, and what does it need to be able to see/access to be able to work?

All advice appreciated!

--
 - Jack Howard, Network Development Engineer & Abuse Prevention Co-ordinator
 - Firstnet Services Limited : 0113 292 7700 : http://www.firstnet.net.uk