On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Syed Faruque Ahmed wrote:

> If so, then I suppose one could detect and block the access from these
> IPs.  I am not sure if "badmailfrom" will work with IPs.  Will it accept
> "@IP-address" format?  hmmm...

It will... but the domains in badmailfrom are matched against the envelope
sender address in the MAIL FROM command, so that would only work if the
spammer used the IP address as the domain in the sender address (which
seems unlikely).

To filter connections based on the IP address the connection is *actually*
from, you need to use something like tcpserver (with a tcp.smtp.cdb file),
as you mention in your next message.

--
Daniel Biddle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>