On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 07:37:23AM -0400, Troy Settle wrote:

> What about forwarding all mail to another domain, but keeping the $LOCAL
> value?
>
> The qmail faq says this in .qmail-default:
>
>       | forward "$LOCAL@remotedomain"
>
> But this does not work, as $LOCAL = "domain-user"

Try $EXT instead. (The manual page for qmail-command lists several more
variables that may be useful in other situations.)

> I'd actually prefer to not even have the domain created within vpopmail or a
> local account on the machine.  Is there a simple way to do this with just
> the files in /var/qmail/ ?

Yes:

# set up the forwarding instruction
echo '| forward "$EXT2@remotedomain"' > ~alias/.qmail-domain-default

# tell qmail where to find it
echo domain:alias-domain >> /var/qmail/control/virtualhosts
svc -h /service/qmail

# allow messages to be received
echo domain >> /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts

I've not tested this, but I think it should work. (Except for the domain
names, of course!)

Of course you can avoid all this if the remote server is configured
to accept mail for the original domain: then you can just change DNS.

hope this helps,
--
Daniel Biddle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>