Bill, hello!

> gcc -I. -Icdb      -g -O2 -Wall -c vpopmail.c
> In file included from /usr/include/sys/wait.h:79,
>                  from vpopmail.c:30:
> /usr/include/bits/waitstatus.h:78: duplicate member `__w_retcode'
> /usr/include/bits/waitstatus.h:79: duplicate member `__w_coredump'
> /usr/include/bits/waitstatus.h:80: duplicate member `__w_termsig'
> /usr/include/bits/waitstatus.h:92: duplicate member `__w_stopsig'
> /usr/include/bits/waitstatus.h:93: duplicate member `__w_stopval'
> In file included from functions.c:4,
>                  from vpopmail.c:42:
> sha1.c: In function `SHA1_Transform':
> sha1.c:290: `q' undeclared (first use in this function)
> sha1.c:290: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> sha1.c:290: for each function it appears in.)
> sha1.c:291: `i' undeclared (first use in this function)
> make[2]: *** [vpopmail.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/src/vlad/vpop.4.10.30'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/src/vlad/vpop.4.10.30'
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
>

> This is a RH Linux 7.1 system with gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux
> 7.1 2.96-81)

thank you very mach you leave me a hope to participate in project.
I guess all of these errors caused by only one file "endian.h".
I'm using FreeBSD, and just take this from /usr/inlclude/machine (as used in original
sha1.c -- no more corrections done)

About Qmail -- my corrections based on cumulative patch found at
http://matt.simerson.net/computing/qmail.toaster.shtml (I wish to say "Big Thanks" to
Matt for that toaster).
Of course there also were stylistic corrections, It were almost impossible to look and
understand anything why looking on that horrible-styled code. So I format modified
modules for my own taste. Guess it ok.
Modifications (meaningful) done only for two modules: qmail-popup.c and qmail-smtpd.c
to provide sending of additional zero-divided control byte to vchkpw-module (to be
know which module asking for authentication and which schema were used).

For vpopmail:
as I said, works based on version 4.10.30, all corrections made by myself, applying
new auth schemas, modifying logging and so on. Of course stylistic corrections also
had place.
I wrote some additional functions placed in functions.c.  excepting HMAC_MD5, i just
copy there a text I found on Net.
base64-related functions adopted from base64-packet found in ports-collections.
(Author John Walker, http://www.fourmilab.ch/).
It is possible to use SHA-1 after installing ....  just not sure...  mcrypt maybe?
(libmd,  -lmd)

Bill, what else should be said to continue integration?
I have a little entreaty: give a hint how to use quotas cooperatively with
Courier-IMAP quotas,
I'm ready to do these corrections too.

Vladimir Kabanov.