Hi, first of all I would like to say this is the first message I post to this
mailing list.

Now I would like to post a problem I am having. I am using Linux Debian sid
on an Athlon computer. It's running kernel 2.4.9 and Qmail 1.3, as well as
Bind 9.1.3. The hostname is ns1.linuxsilo.net (i.e. "/etc/hostname" contains
that) and I installed vpopmail using "apt-get install vpopmail-bin". It set
the username and group as well as the inet.d start script.

It seems that something must be wrong, maybe in my host configuration, maybe
in my vpopmail configuration. I state this because, after running a ps -ax
command, I get something like this in my screen:

/usr/bin/tcpserver -H -R 0 pop-3 /usr/sbin/qmail-popup
ns1.linuxsilo.net.linuxsilo.net /usr/sbin/vchkpw /usr/sbin/q [..]

So, it is listening at ns1.linuxsilo.net.linuxsilo.net, while it should be
listening to ns1.linuxsilo.net. I have checked the script under init.d and
the line that launches the program states like this:

sh -c "start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --user root \
                    --exec /usr/bin/tcpserver -- \
                -H -R 0 ${SERVERTYPE} /usr/sbin/qmail-popup
`hostname`.`dnsdomainname` \
                    $DAEMON /usr/sbin/qmail-pop3d Maildir &"

So, it tries to concatenate hostname and dnsdomainname, which obviously
returns that bad string "ns1.linuxsilo.net.linuxsilo.net".

I would like to run my vpopmail server on pop3.linuxsilo.net, which is the
same machine as ns1.linuxsilo.net. So, what should I change? Something in my
machine? Maybe I should directly modify that line of the script and put a
pop3.linuxsilo.net there?

Thanks in advance.

--
Primetime