At 3:51 PM -0400 9/18/01, Brandon Ramirez wrote:
>I'm not positive on this, but it's probably because you're running a binary
>of qmail-smtpd that belongs in one directory in another. My qmail w/
>SMTP-AUTH patch was installed in /var/qmail. Therefore I use
>/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd.
>
>Try keeping it in a separate directory and using the new version.

Thanks, but I don't think that's it. The original conf-qmail file
pointed to a work directory rather than /var/qmail, & my original
qmail-smtpd works fine.

I guess I'm going to leave this as-is for a while; I was relying on
docs on the web to figure this out & the brain-donor admins at my ISP
have decided that blocking port 80 is a good thing to do in the face
of the nimda worm...

Thanks,
-Kit

<snip>
-Benjamin Franklin

"...qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
(...if you would have peace, be prepared for war)
-Flavius Vegetius Renatus