Roger wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to set vpopmail up on a remote server (for someone else) and
everything seems to work except for using a client to recieve email.

The problem is (using netscape) after setting up the user, that the
client can't or won't authenticate the user, so preventing any email
from being received or sent.

I have also installed qmailadmin and that is all working, i.e. I can
create new users, passwords etc and when checking the vpopmail directory
the new users are listed under the domain. Also if mail is sent to the
new user, the mail appears in the new users mail directory and can be
read using an editor.

I have set vpopmail up to use Mysql for authentication and added the
username/password in the vmysql.h file in the vpopmailmail source prior
to compiling. I have also checked that mysql is running.
I have also setup a test user in vpopmail using vadduser and the new
test user shows up in qmailadmin.

I have setup the user under Netscape Messenger on a seperate machine as
user%domain.com (which works on my own local system) however Messenger,
when get mail is clicked asks first for the password and then replies
with unable to authenticate.

Any and all help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Roger