I have tried this and there are problems with it.  You need to run the web
server as user vpopmail and group vchkpw, all you files that are to be
served also need to be apopriatly owned this way too.  Unlinek with nobody
the web server cant access files as vpopmail unless it has permisions to do
so.  Adding nobody to group vchkpw c auses other issues so avoid that.  On
top of this there are also very sever security issues that this cuses wich
is why Im trying to avoid it.  Inter7.com has a cgi wich may be better
suited for what you want called vqadim:
http://www.inter7.com/vqadmin
So far I havent had luck with it ti spews out posix errors on my linux box
and qmailadmin spews out undefined referances so Ive never gotten that to
run either.  The other option is to use php so exed sudo the vpopmail
applications.

Let me know what you get working Im surious since Im having similar
problems.  qmail/vpopmail administration is very linux/php unfriendly it
seems.

Bryan