On 21 Nov 01, at 1:36, Dan Serban wrote:

> The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
> the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'. Subject
> 'This is another test', Account: 'hamletbuildings.com', Server:
> 'hamletbuildings.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, that
> domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)', Port: 25,
> Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Is shaw.ca a domain on the machine? And are you sending mail
from an IP listed in the cdb file? If both of these are no then the
denial from qmail is correct.
The rcpthosts file lists domains on the machine it should accept
mail for, unless the enviroment variable RELAYCLIENT is set, if it
is then rcpthosts is ignored.

> If I'm not mistaken, vpopmail's supposed to handle this somehow?  I tried
> sending the e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> which is the virtual domain on the machine I'm playing with.  The above
> mentioned qmail-smtpd/run script points to /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb, does anyone
> know where vpopmail creates this cdb file it's touted to make?  I also find
> it kind of weird that qmail is rejecting a destination domain.

Vpopmail if I remember right creates it's file in ~vpopmail/etc but
only after a successful pop3 access. You have to pop3 then the file
will probably show up. I don't think it will be created if you come in
via IMAP. Courier might have some features to do similar things.

If you're are still having problems with the chdir errors check that
the /var/qmail/users/assign file is present and what it's contents
are. Thats the file qmail uses to decide where to deliver the virtual
mail under vpopmail.
It could also be a permission issue ~vpopmail should be 755, bin
etc and domains should be 755 as well. domains might not need to
be but it can't hurt I think.
You also, in case the docs wheren't clear, need to do a standard
vadddomain on your default-domain. The configure option is only
used during authencation.

Phil Wall