It can't see it??  What is  the server response.  If you are testing using a
GUI client then stop and try this.

# telnet your.mail.server 110
-- pop3 header is here
user user%domain2.com
-- ok
pass userpass
-- here is error/status message.. what is it?
exit

How about showing us how you load your pop3 server via tcpserver while you
are at it?  If you want good answer you have to provide the necessary
information for someone with "zero-knowledge" to give solid answers.

Dallas