> I was wondering if anyone knew what service I would use to setup a
> backup mail server for a client.
>
> We are running qmail with vpopmail5 right now.  Does vpopmail handle
> this?  If it does, is there any documentation on how to set it up?

This is standard qmail stuff.  You would setup qmail on another box
(preferably on a network other than their primary mail server) and in
/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts you'd add all of the domain names for which you
would want to provide backup mail server for.

You would then setup secondary mx record in the domain name's dns
configuration so that mail would get directed to the backup machine's
address in the event that the primary mail server is unreachable.

-Eric