in your dns configuration, you need to set up a mx record for domain.com as
well as host.domain.com (using correct and valid domains and hostnames, as
usual.  i don't get why people don't want to share their hosts and domains with
the people on the list...  well i do, but...  you know)

in BIND:

          IN   MX  mail.domain.com.
host      IN   MX  mail.domain.com.

or in tinydns:

@domain.com::mail.domain.com
@host.domain.com::mail.domain.com

that is assuming you have control of your dns.

charlie