I have found that using courier-imapd with

AUTHMODULES="authvchkpw authpam"

if an /etc/passwd user logs in, roaming would not work (open-smtp does
not get created).  It seems to me this is because /etc/passwd users
are handled by authpam and not authvchkpw.  Indeed, if I just have

AUTHMODULES="authvchkpw"

authentication by pop3d fails with `-ERR Login failed.'

I add that roaming works perfectly with qmail-pop3d.  Can anybody
confirm this?

I am using vpopmail-5.0 with

./configure --enable-passwd=y \
            --enable-qmail-ext=y \
            --enable-roaming-users=y \
            --enable-clear-passwd=y \
            --enable-tcpserver-file=/var/service/rblsmtpd/tcprules

and courier-imap-1.3.12 with

./configure --disable-root-check \
           --without-authcustom \
           --without-authdaemon \
           --without-authmysql \
           --without-authpgsql \
           --enable-workarounds-for-imap-client-bugs \
           --with-authvchkpw \
           --without-authldap \
           --without-ipv6

--
---
Mate Wierdl | Dept. of Math. Sciences | University of Memphis