Hello,

Last week I setup Qmail + Vpopmail + Courier-IMAP +
Sqwebmail + Qmailadmin (and ucspi-tcp, of course!) for
a Customer (using vchkpw to authenticate).

Initially installed everything using Qinstall, but had
some problems with Vpopmail not authenticating.  On
someone's advice, I recompiled/installed Vpopmail and
Courier-IMAP with the following options:

Vpopmail:
./configure --enable-roaming-users=y
--enable-clear-passwd=y --enable-logging=e

Courier-IMAP:
./configure --disable-auto-rename-sent
--without-authpwd --without-autoshadow
--without-authpam --without-auth-userdb --
without-authmysql --without-authpgsql --without-ldap

Everything was authenticating properly afterwards.
However, when I go to Sqwebmail (still compiled from
the Qinstall), I am unable to log in as any of the
virtual users: I get authentication failure.  I am
using the full email address as the username.

It's the same thing with Qmailadmin: I try to log in
as the postmaster for any of the virtual domains, and
get authentication failure.  On the same person's
advice, I tried recompiling Qmailadmin with almost the
same options as Courier-IMAP (i.e., turning off all
authentication methods except vchkpw), but that did
not help.  I also did add the '--htmldir',
'--html-libdir', and '--cgibindir' options to point to
the directories I was installing them to (I setup a
virtual host in my websites directory)

I am not sure what I have done wrong here, or why it
is not authenticating.  Maybe someone here does, or
has some suggestions?

TIA,

=====
--