On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Clayton Weise wrote:

> I agree on both points.  I feel that these mailing lists should be for the
> odd problems that can't be solved by doing a simple search on google, or
> reading through the archives.  But not everyone takes things that far.

There are also so many questions that come up so often that a FAQ is
sorely needed.  Then the flaming would be easier.  Reply to a 6 page email
with a pointer to the FAQ. :)

You also have to remember that even someone who knows what they are doing
for the most part can get horribly lost if they jump in and try to learn
qmail/vpopmail/courier-imap/sqwebmail all at the same time...

Charles