Hi Matt,

On 2002.09.24_16:03:52_+0000, Matt Simerson wrote:
> Everything on the new system works just fine except the vconvert
> function. Can anyone verify that vconvert actually does work?

Yes, it actually works. Below are the steps I have taken to come up with
that statement:
1. Compile and install 5.3.8 with cdb.
2. Test create a domain (devel.dutnux.com) and some users.
3. Recompile with mysql support, install, using 5.3.8.
4. Invoke ./vconvert -c -m -v -d devel.dutnux.com
version: 5.3.8
could not connect to mysql update server Unknown database 'vpopmail'
with database
converting devel.dutnux.com done
5. I checked mysql, it created vpopmail database and table for me.
The vpopmail table contain exactly the user I created.

> Can you sanitize a copy of a newer vpasswd file and send it my way so
> I can compare it to my ancient system to see if the format is still
> the same?

This is the first line of the vpasswd file I have. It was created using
5.3.8 with password learning support:

postmaster:$1$R.O7J$cRKPnHXAkWuZ6epI94R.k/:1:0:Postmaster:
/home/vpopmail/domains/devel.dutnux.com/postmaster:10M:dutnux

Sorry for the wrapped line.

> Matt

HTH

--