First off make sure that 89 is the ID of the vpopmail user and 89 is the
group for vchkpw. I sure hope you didn't set the vpopmail users home
directory as /. Or you will have a hell of a lot of problems. I have mine
set to a /mail parition. Then that partition is owned by vpopmail.vchkpw.
That is why you are getting a access denied error. Cause it tries to write
to the ~vpopmail/etc directory but doesn't have permissions to.

---
Brad Dameron
Network Account Executive
TSCNet Inc.