Thank you, I will check the SQL option. Meanwhile, i tried the nolocking
configuration setup to avoid hangups (only one of the vpopmail boxes
will add/edit users cdb data so there is no risk of concurrence errors
to write to cdb files).

However, after recompiling (v 5.2.1), I get a weird behaviour: vadduser
and vpasswd are now working ok, but vsetuserquota silently stop without
actually updating account parameter. Vuserinfo returns the same/previous
setup for that mail account.

To see what's happening, I run vsetuserquota with strace, then I see
it's silently stopping when trying to do an open() call for
"~vpopmail/users/mytestingaccount/vpasswd" that of course it does not
exist. Why is trying to use users/<user>/vpasswd instead of
users/vpasswd? And without giving out any error message?

In fact it's only failing for users at default domain. It's working ok
with virtual domains.

Regards