Hi Zeno,

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:36:39 +0200
Zeno Davatz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I follow 'lifewithqmail' as much as I can understand it. I also
> followed the Install-file of vpopmail and that says on line 203:
>
> env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:/usr/local/bin" \
>         tcpserver -H -R 0 pop-3 \
>         /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup your.domain.com \
>         /home-dir-of-vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d
>         Maildir
> &
>
> This gives me on my maschine:
> ywesee@alphonse:~$ sudo env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:/user/local/bin"
> tcpserver -H -R 0 pop-3 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup yweseelocal.com
> /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir &
> [1] 26822
> ywesee@alphonse:~$ env: tcpserver: No such file or directory
>
> What do I have to do to make this work.

Replace 'tcpserver' with the the complete path-call to tcpserver (maybe
'/usr/local/bin/tcpserver'?)

Counting the number problems you have with setting up a simple mail
server and the simpleness of a lot of your problems (second time a path
problem, IIRC) you should consider to engage somebody that is used to
Linux and qmail stuff. Could be safer for your server if it is intended
to run 24/7 in public access at a later time.
--
Pit