Hi Joeffrey,

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 18:21:21 +0800
"Joeffrey Betita" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i have RH6.2 using INETD. i already installed Qmail. the domain is in
> the/var/qmail/control/locals /var/qmail/rcpthosts but i'm having
> problem configuring vpopmail-5.2.1 on the INSTALL file after
> instruction number 11, 12 thank you very much.

Thanks for copying the passages from INSTALL :-/

> 11. Information details hiding
>         Alot of the underlying qmail details are not covered in this
>         file. This is on purpose. If you want to find out the internal
>         workings of vchkpw and qmail look into /var/qmail/control
>         files and /var/qmail/users/assign file.

What's your problem with this paragraph? For getting vpopmail to work
you don't need the knowledge about internal workings.
For getting this knowledge to see if and how to improve your setup: read
the qmail documentation, it's all covered there.

> 12. How to use vchkpw with qmail-pop3d server

What's your problem with this point? You're using INETD? So here you
go:

>         If you want to use inetd style startup use this:
>                 pop3 stream tcp nowait root \
>                 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup \
>                 qmail-popup mail.stilen.com \
>                 /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw \
>                 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d \
>                 Maildir

What else are you missing or not understanding? Do you need a guide how
to copy/paste?

> 13. For sites using the mysql module and --enable-roaming-users=y it
>     is highly suggested to use Matt Simersons tcpserver-mysql patch.

Are you using mysql functionality in vpopmail?
If yes: what's the concrete problem?
If no: what's your interest in #13?

> 14. Good luck

What's the problem with this? I mean ... you cited it, so you seem to
have a problem with it?!

To sum it up: you wrote you've trouble _configuring_ vpopmail.
configuring like the initial './configure' before compiling or
configuring like 'configure the rest of my system to get the mail
delivery and pop3-fetch working'?

If first problem is getting the mail stored in vpopmail mail
directories: remove the domain(s) you want to be processed through
vpopmail from '/var/qmail/control/locals'. Everything up there will be
threaded as _local_ like 'local qmail system' by qmail. When setting up
the domains using vpopmail command interface (vadddomain) it will be
correctly inserted into 'virtualdomains' (and rcpthosts) where it
belongs (beside that appropriate entries in '/var/qmail/users/' will be
made).
--
Pit