I do NOT want to scan each and every message that comes in. I want to set this up on a per user basis. Is it straightforward to have spamassassin scan email for an individual user rather than by domain?

Brendan
On Thursday, November 14, 2002, at 01:00 PM, Rick Macdougall wrote:

Hi,

I personally run it right from .qmail-default with no extra settings like
qmail-scanner.pl etc.

I used to run it from qmail-scanner.pl but the over head was just too much
considering I do smtp forwarding for some domains, other domains didn't want
it, etc etc.

Right now I can configure it for each domain seperately and I remove the
overhead of scanning each and every message that comes into our system.

As well, running it from qmail-scanner.pl loses the ability to do per user
config's. Something our users really wanted.

Regards,

Rick

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brendan McAlpine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Rick Macdougall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 12:50 PM
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] using spamassassin....

Do you use Spamassassin in conjunction with any other software or
scripts, such as qmail-scanner, etc.?

Can I just run Spamassassin on its own?

Brendan
On Wednesday, November 13, 2002, at 02:09 PM, Rick Macdougall wrote:

Hi,

We use it in .qmail-default for domains that want it and set the
required_hits to 30.

Users can then manage required_hits, white list, black list etc via a
PHP
web page.

Regards,

Rick