Thanks for the tips, Peter...

At 11:38 PM +0100 12/3/02, Peter Palmreuther wrote:
Hello Kit,

On Tuesday, December 3, 2002 at 6:18:35 PM you wrote:

 I have no clue why this is not working
1.) Give 0.31 a try, I don't know what exactly changed, but the syntax
    is different between 0.30 & 0.31, maybe you're using the 'new'
    one, while old (to me unknown) is needed.
Tried 0.31 tonight, no luck. Maybe my other patches are interfering? I'll try it at home as the only patch & see how that goes.

2.) Try to run qmail-smtpd as root. Just for testing, but this avoids
    "access denied" to vpasswd.cdb and therefore excludes one possible
    culprit.
Also no luck.

3.) Try to run the child process of tcpserver in a strace like
    program. I don't know how this is named on OpenBSD and what the
    exact calling syntax is, but make use of it's logging to file, if
    possible, and see if you can find the position it fails at.
I'll look into that if it's not the other patches.

I know it ain't much, but maybe it helps to find the correct direction
of hunting it down.
Your answer is much appreciated.

Thanks,
-Kit
--
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-Benjamin Franklin

"...qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
(...if you would have peace, be prepared for war)
-Flavius Vegetius Renatus