Hello,

I recently setup a vpopmail + qmail + sqwebmail box.

NOTE: I may be confusing some of the following suggestions with courier-imap
install issues I had. Sorry if im off here.

1)

I had to 'chown root.root /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw'.

2)

Also, try this:

make the 'authmodulelist=' line in
/usr/local/sqwebmail/authdaemonrc look like:
authmodulelist="authvchkpw"

Because I think sqwebmail gets confused if authvchkpw is not first in the
list, as earlier entries take precedence for authorization, and any othe
authmodules you may have compiled may be complicating the situation. See
next suggestion.

3)

/usr/local/src/vpopmail-5.2.1# ./configure --help |grep sqwebmail  :
"  --enable-sqwebmail-pass=y|n   Turn on support for sqwebmail passwords (y)
or off (n) default is no. For sqwebmail-3.0 and above use default no"
Hmm?

Try to explicitly set all configure options, especially auth options for
both sqwebmail and vpopmail:

/usr/local/src/vpopmail-5.2.1# ./configure --help
/usr/local/src/sqwebmail-3.4.0.20021223# ./configure --help

like for sqwebmail:
./configure --with-(only module you need probably
authvchkpw) --without-(everything you dont need)
and etc for vpopmail.

These suggestions may help. Please let me know if they do.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]