I run an ISP also.  It would be better to allow
a command line option to the executable.  The reason
I say this is that sometimes you want the letter, sometimes
you don't.  We happen to put a default letter in the
user's home directory Maildir to welcome them, however
the hosting customers are the ones that got annoyed at
getting the welcome letters.  They didn't want each time
they create an email account for their domain to get
any welcome letter.  So the welcome letter would be on
a per domain basis.  It would be nice if qmailadmin could
get a setting that stated if new users get a message, and
allow the postmaster to construct that message on a per-domain
basis.  We just put the letter into the /etc/skel default
home directory so that all new unix users get the welcome
letter.

Brian