Hi Trey,

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:44:50 -0600
"Trey Nolen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> This sure is a pain to do every time you update vpopmail.  I sure
>>> hope this feature gets accepted into the distribution one day....

>> Write the code, write it good, stable and secure, and submit it.
>> Maybe it's merged with vpopmail-core and no "rewrite" will be
>> necessary.

> Some good code was already submitted and it was rejecte because they
> didn't want "feature bloat."

Than go the opposite way:

wrap 'vadduser' with a small script.

e.g.

<----------------------------------->
#!/bin/bash

usage() {
        echo "$0 <username> <welcome_message>"
}

put_welcome_message() {
        USER=$1
        FILE_SRC=$2
        FILE=${FILE_SRC##*/}

        TEMP="$(vuserinfo "${USER}" |grep '^dir:')"
        DIR="${TEMP#dir:}"
        pushd ${DIR} &>/dev/null || return 2
        cp "$FILE_SRC" "Maildir/new/${FILE}"
        chmod 600 "Maildir/new/$FILE"
        chown --reference=. "Maildir/new/${FILE}"
}

if [ $# -lt 2 ]; then
        usage;
        exit 1;
fi

USER=$1
FILE=$2

vadduser "${USER}" && put_welcome_message ${USER} ${FILE}

exit $?

Can't be THAT hard for a person having to administrate a MTA, can't it?
--
Peter