On Tuesday 11 February 2003 11:16, Jonas Pasche wrote:
> Hi made,
>
> >  Just to the point. How many users can vpopmail handled? From the
> >  manual i already read, i'm still confused about how vpopmail handled
> > more than 100 users on one virtual domain! would you give me some
> >  reference or a clue for this one.
>
> Quoting from http://inter7.com/vpopmailfeatures.html:
>
> [...]
> * Support for 1 to 23 million virtual email domains using a "grow as it
>   goes" balenced directory tree.
> * Support for 1 to 23 million email users per domain using the same
>   balenced tree structure.
> [...]

And this is obviously just the software limits. Actual real world limits
depend on your machine, your auth method, etc... LDAP is slower than MySQL,
for example.

It's hard to gather solid data about stuff like that.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,

We are actively looking for companies that do a lot of long
distance faxing and want to cut their long distance bill by
up to 50%.  Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for more info.