Hello Jeffkoch,

On Friday, March 21, 2003 at 2:26:32 AM you wrote (at least in part):

> We added the spamc command to the .qmail-alias files and it does not seem
> to filter the mail. As an example we have a file '.qmail-jeff' with the
> following contents:

> | preline /usr/bin/spamc -u [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> &[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> and a file '.qmail-daniel' with:

> | preline /usr/bin/spamc
> /home/vpopmail/domains/edeinternet.com/pop99922/Maildir/

> The email that shows up at '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' and the
> email that ends up in the 'pop99922' maildir show no evidence in the
> headers of having been processed by spamassassin.
[...]
> What am I doing wrong?

Could you show me the position in your dot-qmail files where you feed
the output of spamc to a useful delivery?

Both dot-qmail files pipe the message to spamc and if spamc didn't
return with code 99 (which it never does, IIRC) the second delivery
instruction is executed ... but of course not using the modified mail,
but the original one.

To get an idea change your .qmail-jeff like this:

| preline /usr/bin/spamc -u [EMAIL PROTECTED] >/tmp/xxx

and have a look at '/tmp/xxx' ... amazing, isn't it? Doing it right
make it work.
Now all you'll need is to store the output of spamc in a Maildir,
but I'll leave it up to you as your home work to figure out the
concrete command line.
Hint: you'll most probably need something like 'tomaildir' from
'qtools' and you should probably think about that 'preline' when using
programs that already handle 'qmail-command' environment variables,
like 'tomaildir' does.

--
Best regards
Peter Palmreuther

Win without boasting.  Lose without excuse.