Hi Kenneth,

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:51:48 +0800 Kenneth Ling wrote:

>>> the result.. is smtp auth is working
>>> but on email client if you not set smtp auth also working....

>> So you have a general "relaying allowed" rules somewhere ...
>> If you're using tcpserver from ucspi-tcp check the corresponding .cdb
>> file if there's something that let the client relay because of their
>> IP address.
>>
>> If you have the IP-address the client uses to connect the server you
>> can do a
>>
>> TCPREMOTEIP=<IP> tcprulescheck <.cdb file used by qmail-smtpd tcpserver>
>>
>> to figure out if RELAYCLIENT is set (albeit hopefully empty).
>> If this is the case: go figure why it is set.

> my tcp.smtp content is below
> 127.:allow,RBLSMTPD="",REQUIREAUTH=""

Well .. what should I say? There is is not set, but that doesn't mean
it's not in the corresponding .cdb file.

I'd suggest you contact the qmail mailing list [1] or qmail news group
[2], there are the experts that are able to tell you what to do exactly
to figure out where your _qmail_ problem might be located.

[1] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[2] alt.comp.mail.qmail
--
Peter