Zitat von Michel Gallant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I'm running vpopmail with a cdb backend and courier-imap with the
> authvchkpw module.  I was wondering if many people are using the ldap
> backend.  I was also wondering if it's possible to use ldap for certain
> domains, and cdb for others.  The reason I'm asking is that I have a
> samba domain running for internal users, and right now their passwords
> are not synced with vpopmails.  I would like to run ldap for our domain,
> and run cdb for domains that we host.  Is this possible?  If so, are
> there any docs that could get me started?  Thanks

Hi,

yes it should be possible, but I didnt test it. But let me show you my
imaginations: Because when you configure vpopmail you will have to choose
wether to use LDAP or mysql as an authe´mtification module which end up that

vauth.[ch] is linked/renamed to vldap.[ch] bzw. vmysql.[ch]

The advantage is that each authentification modules uses the same API, so only
the backend is changed, the disadvantage is that you cannot use both.

But it should work compiling 2 times vpopmail-mail, each with a different
installation dir. See my example:

/home/vpopmail-ldap/domains/xyz
/home/vpopmail-mysql/domains/abc

so adding a domain to ldap yould use:

/home/vpopmail-ldap/bin/vaddomain 123.de

and vice versa.

I am not 100 % sure, but this seems possible to me. You may try ;-)

Cheers
Jens