Hi,

It's BS. QS and vpopmail work just fine together. The ONLY issue is that the current vpopmail pop-before-smtp code doesn't write a QMAILQUEUE variable into the tcp.smtp file. Mostly harmless for outgoing email and a patch is available. If you are running smtp auth there is no problem.

Since qmail-smtpd is called WAY before vpopmail (in the .qmail-default file from qmail-local) there is no way vpopmail can be stripping anything except in the above case.

I'm not sure who started this myth but they should be tarred and feathered.

I've been over this a few times with Jason on the QS list and I'm still not sure how it got started.

Regards,

Rick

Ross Davis - DataAnywhere wrote:

I had read the following on the qmail-scanner site
Software Integration Issues

Q-S doesn't work with Vpopmail Vpopmail basically strips out environment
variables set within the tcpserver SMTP rules file - specifically the
QMAILQUEUE environment variable. As it is responsible for starting
qmail-smtpd, that means Qmail-Scanner never gets called. This is really
a bug with Vpopmail, but a workaround is to set QMAILQUEUE within
/service/smtpd/run instead. However, you must realise that you will lose
Q-S functionality - such as altering Q-S components based on SMTP server
IP address, etc. This will only get worse...

Any thoughts on that?

Ross