From: Dave Richardson - Lists <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 16:42:33 -0500
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [vchkpw] SpamAssassin, Vpopmail, conditional handling on Spam Score?

I'm running the QMAILQUEUE patch with SpamAssassin into Vpopmail with
Mysql and Courier.

I'm running SpamAssassin with spam threashold "required_hits" = 8.

I allow direct delivery to the mailbox, but it is subject prefixed
"[SPAM]"  (thus it is Spam Tagged)

What I'd like to do is add another "threashold" (probably in SA?) where
the spam score of >15 is sent to /dev/null.  Scores from 7-14.99 are
spam tagged (and delivered) and scores less than 7 are not spam tagged.
(I've been seeing spam scores as high as 28.8 recently BTW)

Is there a "normal" way to do this?
D.

If you asked this question over at the SpamAssassin list, they would advise against sending high scoreing hits to /dev/null. There are two main reasons. One is (believe it or not) you actually could get a false positive removed. This usually happens with html based newsletters. The other reason is that high scores are useful for training the Bayes filtering.

Just something to keep in mind.