I am building a new mail server and hope to eventually migrate about 2800 users from an older server currently running sendmail. Each user will have a default quota of 10Mb (some will have more).

The new mail server is running Linux and qmail+vpopmail+MySQL :-)

All this is great but I need to somehow calculate how many file system inodes I need to move these mailboxes and support 2800 users. Does anyone have any formulas/rules-of-thumb/tips ? Also, what would be an appropriate block size for the fs?

Also, best tool to convert /var/mail-style mboxes to vpopmail Maildirs?

--
Aj.
Systems Administrator / Developer