So, I found the sqwebmail-config file and can edit it by hand.
Unfortunately, the patch fails on half of the files that it is supposed to
patch, with lines like this,
"Patching file vchkpw.c using Plan A...
Hunk #1 failed at 377."

This issue now appears to me as a SqWebMail bug, and I will report it as
such.