----- Original Message -----
From: "Jesse Guardiani" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] domain quotas query

> On Saturday 19 July 2003 12:01, Paul Theodoropoulos wrote:
> > so gee, did i really stump the stars on this one? nobody out there has
> > converted to domain quotas?
>
> Very few, I'd bet.
>
> I took a look at the new domain soft quota code a few months ago (you
> might remember the heated discussion I had with the author), and finally
> came to the conclusion that this code is definately NOT ready for prime
> time.
>
> It's a valiant attempt, but it is buggy and fatally flawed in that it
won't play
> nicely with maildir++ applications like sqwebmail, Courier-IMAP, or
maildrop.

> Stick with hard filesystem domain quotas, install that qmailadmin patch
> that was floating around last year (it gave qmailadmin domain admins
> the ability to reconfigure user quotas under a set domain limit), or
> forget it.
>
> That's MHO, and I'm sticking to it.
>
> I think that if we really want domain quotas (and I, for one, do!) then we
> need to get together with Sam of Courier IMAP fame and create a new
> maildir+++ specification that will accomodate domain quotas. That way
> everyone can continue playing nice together.
>
> HTH.

I too share some concerns about the inclusion of domain quotas in the
current development vpopmail

In hindsight I believe it would have been better to sign off on a stable
vpopmail, and then the new domain quota stuff could have been added to the
next development series.

I wonder if it would be hard to remove or not...? Was the domain quota
additions limited to just a few functions, or was it pretty much substantial
changes to much of vpopmail code?

Michael.