Tim, MrSam, Michael Bowe - (Sorry for top-posting;)

I do enable IMAP_Emptytrash... but here's what's confusing.
This server has been running this exact configuration since January.  Only
in the last month have I noticed the dropped/lost messages.  In that
month's time, the only change to the configuration was a move from
Squirrelmail v1.40RC1 to v1.4.1 (my stated version was in error on
original post).

Since Squirrel can or does use its own IMAP engine (I am using Squirrel's
IMAP routines), I'm starting to wonder if Squirrel is writing messages
when they are touched that names/renames the message file to become
"confusing" for Courier IMAP when it's time to try moving the file to
another folder.

I don't understand the IMAP file naming system, so this is a complete W.A.G.

In a previous post, Michael Bowe noted that PHP 4.3.x has caused some
problems after an IMAP mod he proposed.  I am using *most* of his
excellent configuration - including his proposed IMAP mod.

However, since I'm losing messages when using Mozilla's IMAP client as
well, I'm inclined to guess that 1) either Squirrel/PHP are "mistouching"
the file/filename, or 2) Michael's IMAP mod is the problem.  Tim, your
microtime issue is another contender, of course, but I'm confused why it
hasn't reared its head until recently.....

Any takers on this line of thought?  Sorry about the long post.
THANKS, BTW, for the contributions so far.
Dave.