On Monday 04 August 2003 13:22, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> On Monday 04 August 2003 11:20, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > So, my question is this:
> >
> > Did logging get turned off because I specified both mysql
> > AND syslog logging? If so, why didn't vpopmail tell me that?
> >
> > Or is there something else going on here?
>
> Hmmm.... after taking a look at the source code for vpopmail-5.2.1,
> I'm inclined to think something else is going on here.
>
> Looks like when mysql-logging is enabled AND syslog logging
> is enabled I should at least get a syslog statement saying that
> my mysql vlog table doesn't exist.
>
> Unfortunately, I'm not getting ANYTHING from syslog regarding
> vpopmail.
>
> My system is a FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386 box.
>
> Has anyone else had trouble getting syslog logging to work
> with FreeBSD?
>
> Any tips or tricks?

Nevermind. I just took a look at the courier-imap vchkpw auth module.

Apparently nothing in the auth module actually makes a call to a
vpopmail function that actually does logging.

So I guess that explains why vchkpw isn't doing any logging. I'm
not using vchkpw. I'm just using the auth routines...

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,