On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 10:36 AM, Adam Hooper wrote:
The Makefile.am would be a lot simpler and less system-intrusive if it used the 'install' command instead of mkinstalldirs/cp/chown/chmod.

Would it be more helpful if I wrote up a patch for this? I have hardly any time for the next 3 weeks, but figured this issue ought to be brought to people's attention as soon as possible.

I would gladly accept such a patch. This is on the todo list for vpopmail, and I'd love to cross it out.

Being able to install vpopmail to /usr/local would be a great improvement. Having it make so many changes to directory ownership and permissions is a bad thing.

If you do not have the time, then I'll try to take a look at the install command and change Makefile.am to use it instead of the current mess of code.

--
Tom Collins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]