I am trying to install vpopmail, and I have a small problem. I started installing vpopmail according to Michael Bowes mysql/vpopmail guide found here...

http://www.pipeline.com.au/staff/mbowe/isp/vpopmail-mysql.htm

When I got to the part about installing mysql, I realized that mysql was already installed when I loaded Redhat 9. I decided that rather than try to remove it, I would try to use the installation I already had and just configure it accordingly. Well, I managed to work thru that and everything seemed OK until I got to the part where you do a ./configure and there are a bunch of parameters you pass to it like --enable-domain-quotas=n \. I guess there were about 10 of these.

Well, the installation didn't go much farther. I got a whole bunch of errors when I did a make afterwards because the paths for the incdir and the libdir are not where they should be.

I'm sure if I went thru the installation exactly as Michael Bowes specified, those directories would be exactly where they should be. However, I don't even have a directory for /usr/local/mysql/, much less the lib or include directories.

So my question is: Where can I find the needed files, or will this even be a problem? What sort of files are found under the lib and include directories that I need to be concerned about?

I have found that most all of the needed files for this installation were actually on the drive, but were not in the locations I expected them to be.

Express yourself with MSN Messenger 6.0 -- download now! http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_general