Paul Theodoropoulos wrote:
you could get away with two stages - run a spam filtering smtpd on an alternate port on your vpopmail server - i use port 26 - then you can use smtproutes on the primary/secondary MX to feed to the different ports, eg:

iwantspam.com:myvpopmailserver.com:25
idontwantspam.com:myvpopmailserver.com:26

Thanks Paul, this does seem to be the most likely way. Could you give me some pointers on how I would go about getting another version of qmail-smtpd to listen on a different port?

I use supervise scripts to launch qmail. Do I need to add an additional supervise script and add the listening port in some manner? Or, do I need to recompile qmail?

Many thanks

Martin.