I've taken a quick look at the code, and I see where the problem is. You're using the cdb backend.

Michael Bowe added error checking to most of the vpopmail code for the 5.3.26 release. In the past, those two lines would silently fail, but now they throw unnecessary errors.

In vdeldomain(), the domain directory gets deleted before .dir_control is deleted from it, thus causing the error. vget_assign() fails because it's being called after the domain is removed from the assign file.

I've updated vdeldomain() to remove things in the correct order. It's in the CVS repository, and will be in the next release. Thanks for reporting the problem.