On Friday, December 19, 2003, at 10:28 AM, Hélio Rubens Kamogawa wrote:
I have tried to comment the code below the commentary but even so when I
try to authenticate, vchkpw returns a error saying:
-ERR this user has no $HOME/Maildir

That's not a vpopmail error, that's a qmail-pop3d error. It's quite normal for a POP3 connection to fail if the user's Maildir does not exist -- there isn't much you can do without one.

When doing SMTP AUTH though, there isn't any reason why it should be necessary.

The best I could do was comment the line 296:
execvp(argv[1],argv+1);

Don't do that, as that's the code that runs qmail-pop3d (or /bin/true).

I took a close look at the code called in vchkpw, and I couldn't figure out where it would fail. I followed the function calls, and nothing jumped out at me.

As you can see in the code for vchkpw.c, the "change to the user's directory" code doesn't run for SMTP connections:

if (ConnType != SMTP_CONN && chdir(pw_dir) == -1) {

If ConnType isn't getting set correctly for some reason, I could see why it would fail.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]